Cohesity brings backup as a service to Europe
Hosted on Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS) in Europe,1 offering offers businesses and midsize businesses another radically simple way to back up data, eliminate silos and reduce capital costs, while Cohesity takes care of infrastructure management under -jacent.
Cohesity DataProtect delivered as a service includes support for a range of workloads, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances and compute infrastructure, Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS),2 Microsoft 365 SaaS applications, and data sources such as VMware, Network Attached Storage (NAS), and SQL Server.
Thousands of customers around the world already rely on Cohesity DataProtect to back up their data on premises or in cloud environments they manage directly. Now they have even more choices of how to consume the value that Cohesity provides with this SaaS solution, which can easily be managed through a single user interface on the Cohesity Helios multicloud platform.
“We are excited about this new offering as it gives European customers even more choice in how to manage their data, but with all the features of Cohesity’s multi-cloud data management platform they are familiar with.” already and who they trust, ”said Richard Gadd, vice president, EMEA. sales, Cohesion. “Not only does the expansion of our SaaS offering in Europe allow customers to further simplify data management, but also gives our European partners the ability to add their unique value and resell the solution through our distribution channels or through AWS Marketplace. ”
Data Management as a Service: A New Chapter in Comprehensive Data Management
DataProtect provided as a service is the first offering in Cohesity’s full range Data management as a service (DMaaS) portfolio. DMaaS is a portfolio of ‘as a service’ offerings designed to provide customers with a radically simple way to back up, secure, govern and analyze their data, all managed directly by Cohesity and hosted on AWS, Cohesity’s preferred cloud provider for DMaaS.
In addition to announcing the availability of Cohesity DataProtect delivered as a service in Europe today, Cohesity announced the imminent arrival of its second SaaS offering in its DMaaS portfolio, Cohesity SiteContinuity, which will enable automated disaster recovery of applications. and critical data in the cloud. This Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solution is designed to help businesses dramatically reduce infrastructure costs by utilizing on-demand cloud resources from AWS instead of requiring an expensive secondary data center.
Cohesity’s DMaaS portfolio of offerings gives businesses even more choices in how they can protect and manage their data. With Cohesity, customers can choose from a SaaS model, an on-premises Cohesity cluster, or a combination of the two in a hybrid model, all on a single platform and managed with a single user interface.
Customers can subscribe to DMaaS offerings through authorized Cohesity channel partners, distributors, and through the AWS Marketplace. DMaaS not only gives partners the opportunity to grow their recurring revenue business, but also allows them to expand their existing managed service offerings without having to build an infrastructure themselves. They can also use it as an entry point if they plan to start a managed services practice.
With Cohesity DataProtect delivered as a service, customers can also:
- Reduce complexity with BaaS designed for hybrid cloud, freeing up cycles to focus on other critical tasks with a single backup service for on-premises and cloud data sources and a single user interface to manage everything.
- Reduce backup configuration to minutes by automatically discovering workloads once a secure connection is established and applying pre-defined or custom policies to begin protection.
- Ensure efficient use of available bandwidth, faster backups at cloud and data recovery of the cloud by transmitting only the data blocks that have been modified.
- Improve their data security posture keeping a snapshot in another location with flexible encryption key management and the ability to separate and isolate data for legal and compliance purposes.
Quotes from supporting partners:
- We are really excited to be working with Cohesity to bring their Data Management as a Service (DMaaS) to France, ”said Sébastien Hurst, CTO at SCC. “Customers are really struggling to manage their ever-growing data, on-premises and in the clouds. They are looking for new ways of thinking to keep innovation running. We are committed to bringing new, innovative and stylish solutions to help our customers exceed their goal, and we firmly believe that everything is aligned to achieve real value in return for using such a fine service.
- “SVA is excited to partner with Cohesity to bring its Data Management as a Service (DMaaS) to Germany leveraging the AWS Europe (Frankfurt) region,” said Michael Todt, Business Continuity Manager at SVA. “Our business and enterprise customers continue to grow their data exponentially every year, and we’re committed to helping them find new technologies. We do this not only by managing and protecting this data, but also by keeping ourselves abreast of the latest innovations, so that they can stay ahead of others in their markets. As a result, our customers can deliver better scalability and IT resiliency, have smoother operations, and save more costs. “
- “Conscia has an important relationship with AWS and Cohesity to help customers deploy hybrid clouds,” said Henrik Moll, CTO at Conscia. “We help our customers protect cloud native data and / or manage traditional data center workloads in a modern way – as easy as – registering, connecting and protecting with DMaaS. Conscia is thrilled to be an EMEA launch partner for Cohesity DMaaS on AWS as it aligns very well with our vision to bring data management as a service to European businesses.
For more information:
Cohesion radically simplifies data management. We make it easy to protect, manage and value data, across the data center, the edge and the cloud. We offer a full suite of consolidated services on a multi-cloud data platform: backup and recovery, disaster recovery, file and object services, data development / testing and compliance, security and analytics – reducing complexity and eliminating massive data fragmentation. Cohesity can be provided as a service, self-managed, or provided by a partner powered by Cohesity.
© 2021 Cohesity, Inc. All rights reserved. Cohesity, the Cohesity logo, Helios, and other Cohesity marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cohesity, Inc. in the United States and / or worldwide. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
1 Launch in the AWS Europe (Frankfurt) region, with the AWS Europe (London) region expected to follow in summer 2021, and AWS Europe (Paris) region in fall 2021.
2 Available summer 2021.