Systemd 249-rc1 released with many new features
The first release candidate of systemd 249 is now available for testing with even more new and improved features.
Systemd 249 is going to be another big summer update to this Linux boot system. There are a ton of changes to be found with systemd 249 and going through the long list tonight some of the things that jumped out include:
– Systemd-sysusers and systemd-firstboot now support queries for information from credential subsystems.
– Systemd-repart partition configurations have a new “MakeDirectories =” option to create arbitrary directories inside file systems as they are created.
– The / etc / os-release The file has new optional IMAGE_VERSION = and IMAGE_ID = variables around the operating system image information.
– Changes to the handling of the –image = switch for systems like systemd-nspawn and systemd-dissect to allow “simple and generic A / B updates of the whole filesystem” or new versions of the system. operations are stored in partitions.
– A new udev hardware database for FireWire devices.
– The native protocol of the Journal is now correctly documented.
– Various improvements of the DHCP server.
– systemd-detect-virt can now correctly identify Amazon EC2 environments.